The Subtle Islands, near Desolation Sound, are two private islands joined by an isthmus at the northern end of the Straits of Georgia, near Whaletown Bay on Cortes Island, BC, Canada.
The 13,000 square foot home, with ancillary buildings, is located on the North Island, a 45-acre woodland park. The home’s efficient floor plan includes two master suites and two, two-bedroom self-sufficient apartments in addition to the great room, library, billiard room, six fireplaces, chef’s kitchen, farm-style dining, and home theatre. With a wrap-around stone deck facing the ocean, and inner courtyard for the morning sun, the main house compound is warm, welcoming, tastefully appointed, and private.
The South Island, 30-acres of a farm-like setting, is the site of the 6,100 square foot equestrian barn with two guest apartments, boathouse and float plane hangar, as well as the dock and other support structures. Three cabins and an additional apartment, with their inviting decks and stunning views, sit on the East and West shorelines of the South Island. Built with the finest attention to detail and timber frame craftsmanship, highlighted by sweeping dovetailed beams, the exclusive use of wood and stone building materials complements the landscaped grounds. Luxury Waterfront Island Living!
- The 13,000 sqft timber-frame home features multiple living areas, six bedrooms, a home theatre, and chef’s kitchen.
- With the great room, bar, farm-style dining, six fireplaces, stone deck, this house is designed for entertaining.
- The exclusive use of wood and stone mirrors the natural textures of the property.
- In the main house, accommodations are spacious and include private, self-sufficient guest apartments.
- The 75-acre property includes a timber-frame boathouse, float plane hangar and dock compound.
- An eight-stall, 6,100 square foot timber-frame equestrian barn is complete with two, two-bedroom guest apartments.
- Three staff-guest cabins and an additional apartment provide a choice of further two-bedroom accommodations.
- An organic vegetable garden supplies fresh produce throughout much of the summer.
- The grounds are supported through infrastructure, equipment, mechanical shops and a woodworking studio.
- Offered on a turn-key basis, fully staffed, and complete with furnishings, water craft, vehicles and equipment.
|Lot Size SqFt||1|